HVAC technology is constantly evolving. By the time you’re ready to replace your old HVAC system, it’ll almost certainly be more efficient than it was when it was brand new – and the difference might be significant. Try these tips by heating repair Magnolia to extend the life of your system.
- Replace Your Filter Regularly: Your furnace will have to work harder if the filter is dirty. Dust, dirt, and other indoor pollutants are held in your filter and do not recirculate through the air in your home.
If you have pets or are especially allergic to allergens, you should replace your filter once a month. Make sure to choose a high-quality filter with a MERV value of 5-12. This ensures that your filter captures as many indoor contaminants as possible while maintaining the efficiency of your system.
- Two Tune-Ups Each Year: HVAC systems aren’t particularly high-maintenance, but it doesn’t negate the importance of regular maintenance. Always call a specialist like a heating installation Magnolia for tune-ups.
- Get A Programmable Thermostat: You may use a programmable thermostat to regulate your home’s temperature based on the time of day. You’ll be overworking your system and paying too much on energy bills if you’re at work for 8 – 9 hours a day and yet operating your heater at full blast.
- Routine Maintenance: Get professional maintenance like heating repair Magnolia every fall before you have to start turning it up. A clean furnace will not only run more efficiently than one that is dirty, but a maintenance visit will allow the expert to notice any potential repair concerns and treat them right away.
- Keep An Eye On The Condenser: Examine your condenser for damage signs, especially after a large storm. While you’re at it, clean off any leaves accumulated on or around the unit.
- Use Fans Intelligently: Dual-speed fans are available on some systems, allowing for a slower, more energy-efficient fan option. Using the “on” setting traps more dust, making it easier to breathe in homes with people who have respiratory sensitivities or allergies. The main advantage is that it makes the system work significantly harder, which reduces its lifespan.
- Have Ductwork Cleaned: Cleaning your ducts can guarantee that your HVAC system is free and clear, allowing better airflow and efficiency. Dirt and dust will get lodged inside the ducting no matter how often you change your air filter.
- Improve The Insulation: Your HVAC system will survive longer if it is used less frequently. It may be helpful to insulate your basement or add more insulation to wall cavities if you have insufficient insulation throughout your home. A professional energy audit is the best way to find and analyze your weak insulating points.
You can keep your furnace clean, efficient, and most importantly, in good operating condition for years by following these procedures. However, if you ever require a heating installation Magnolia, contact Kahl AC at (281) 900-3868.